Easy Asian style noodles with lean pork and green vegetables.
Asian Style Pork Fillet with Noodles
- 1.5 kilos of free range pork fillet
- 1-2 red chilies
- 1.5cm chunk of fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- splash of oyster sauce (2-3 table spoons)
- splash of Tamari (2-3 table spoons)
- 1 cup of shredded Chinese cabbage (Wombok)
- large bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of baby asparagus
- 1 x 270g pack of Soba or Ramen noodles
- Sesame oil
- 2-3 Spring onions
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Finely slice the pork and season with some of the ginger and a dash of tamari.
- Steam the asparagus and finely slice the spring onions. Cool the asparagus under cold water to avoid over cooking and set aside. Heat a wok and add a dash of peanut oil. Quickly stir fry the pork and set aside. Add white part of the spring onions, cabbage, garlic, remaining ginger and stir fry until softened.
- Return the pork to the wok and add oyster sauce, tamari and sesame oil. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Add the noodles to the wok and toss though. Adjust seasoning to taste (a little more oyster sauce, tamari and sesame oil), garnish with coriander, the rest of the spring onions, sesame seeds, chilli and serve.
Tips: This dish is quick and easy to cook once all your ingredients are prepared. Best served immediately, but if you need to cook extra for leftovers night leave out the noodles. To vary the veggies, add steamed broccoli, bean sprouts and snow peas. Extra herbs such as Vietnamese mint and basil are yummy additions too.