There are endless ways to enjoy this vegetable, roasted, blended into a soup, as a juice or grated and eaten raw.
Beetroots are a low fat, vitamin and mineral packed vegetable that contain powerful antioxidants. Get some into your diet by trying this delicious dairy free creamy roasted beetroot dip today.
- 1 large beetroot (washed, unpeeled)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- sprinkle of cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup of cashews
- salt & pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Wash and chop the beetroot, place it on top of a sheet of foil, add bashed garlic cloves (unpeeled and whole), cumin, drizzle of olive oil and enough water to create steam and cook the beetroot.
- Lightly wrap and seal then cook in a hot oven 180 degrees until tender
- Once cooled, peel and roughly chop into your food processor or nutri-bullet, with the super soft and sweet garlic cloves (peeled).
- Add a few basil leaves (2-3), the nuts and blend until smooth and creamy then add salt to taste
- Adjust the consistency with a dash of water or olive oil