- 1.5 cups of whole walnuts
- 1/2 cup of whole macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon of Maca powder (another super food, this root which grows in the volcanic soils of the Andes in Peru, contains vegetarian proteins, vitamins and lots of minerals)
- 2 teaspoons of Cacao powder
- 4 large Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of chia butter (Made by soaking Chia seeds in water 9:1 ratio and the instructions are on the pack). Once made, refrigerate the gel for up to 2 weeks in an air tight container. It can be used as a substitute for butter as well as added to smoothies, freshly blitzed fruit and veggie juices, yoghurts, muffins, slices and energy balls.
- Blitz all the ingredients in your food processor until combined and sticky.
- Tip the mixture on to a shallow rectangle baking tray lined with baking paper (I recommend a tin 20cm x 15cm x 3cm). Mine was to big so I just shaped the mixture into a rectangle using 1/2 the tin size. Using your hands, press and smoothe the mixture into your tin then cover with baking paper and refrigerate until cold and firm.
- Once firm and cooled (about 15mins), turn out on to a chopping board lined with baking paper and slice into 8cms x 2cm mini bars. Or whatever size you like! I like to keep these rich nutrient dense snacks small.