Plyometrics or jump training is a fun alternative to the routine strength-training or standard cardio workout. 'Plyos' are compound, dynamic exercises we did as kids - skipping, hopping and jumping in and out of puddles. These explosive exercises force your muscles to exert maximum force in a short period of time and will improve your agility, power, strength, speed and co-ordination.
Try this one!
- 20 Tuck jumps
- 10 Single Leg Backward Burpees - LHS
- 10 Single Leg Backward Burpees - RHS
- 20 Spinning Squats Jumps
- 20 Pencil Power Squats
- 20 Sit Throughs
- 20 Explosive Star Jumps
- 20 Jump Lunges
- 20 Box Jumps
- Keep the exercises simple
- Keep your core muscles engaged
- Land in a soft and controlled manner
- Avoid jumping on hard surfaces by jumping on grass, carpet or a mat