...with beetroot, carrot, spinach, orange & goats cheese 🙂
A fresh, vibrant and tasty salad using seasonal ingredients and fruit. Adding fruit to your salads not only adds a touch of sweetness (avoiding the need to drizzle an oily dressing over the top) but adds to your daily consumption of fruit which some of us struggle to fit in as snack on it's own. Adding fruit also helps to keep blood sugar levels at bay as you're less likely to reach out for unhealthy food choices laden with processed and refined sugars.
- Orange segments from 1-2 oranges
- 1 large beetroot
- 1-3 carrots
- baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of currants
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of pepitas
- Dill soft goats cheese
- Large handful of mint
- Macadamia oil
- Steam the beetroot, allow to cool then peel and dice
- Grate the carrots (long strips using a mandolin if you have one) and add to the beetroot
- Segment the oranges reserving some of the juice and pour it over the veggies. Then drizzle a dash of macadamia oil and season to taste
- Gently toss through the spinach leaves, currants, pepitas, roughly chopped mint and crumble over the cheese.